Got a project idea? Want to meet other paper loving people? We’ve got a bright open space for you!
Paperhouse Studio runs a rental program for anybody with ideas they want to execute in paper or print. Our facilities and equipment includes:
– 1lb Valley Test Beater
– Howard Clark 20 ton Hydraulic Press
– Praga Etching Press
– 18 x 24” Stack Drier
– 4 Couching stations
– Large bookbinding table with cast iron book press
– Cubby holes and flat file space and shelving storage for renters
– Selection of molds and deckles ranging from 8.5 x 11” to 16 x 20”
– Vacuum table for large format sheets
– All the blankets you’ll ever need but BYOP – bring your own pelons!
– Hot plates and pots for dyeing
We rent time with our specialized equipment and offer 24 hour access to renters who have passed our probation period (3 months). We have a staff member available for support during open hours.
Want to rent time but don’t have any experience? We recommend you take our “Introduction to Papermaking” class as a starting point. From then on you are qualified to rent from us.
In keeping with our accessible and diverse mandate, Paperhouse Studio believes in allowing flexibility and options for our renters. We developed a volunteer-for-rent program that offers young and emerging artists a space to create their art work.
Please read our Volunteer-Renter Policy for more information and do not hesitate to contact us with questions and concerns.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment and we can discuss a suitable renting model to fit your needs.